6.23.2010

Meet the BM.

Matt Gardner. The man. The myth. The BM.


That's right, ladies and gentlemen, when you arrive to the wedding, you will be in the presence of greatness. According to many unsubstantiated rumors, Matt is THE guy to have at your wedding. I won't list past indiscretions he may or may not have been involved in at the weddings of friends. I will, however, fill you in on some other key details about this BM of BM's.

Matt Gardner is also known as big brother. He's almost an Irish twin to me, being less than a year and a half older. I've known him my whole life. It would be weirder if I didn't.


The BM is a rambling man. He's done it all. He's lived all over this great country of ours, working myriad jobs along the way. From semi-professional poker player to paid audience member for game shows, financial associate to bartender, golf semi-pro to amateur screenwriter, this guy has run the gamut.

Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Santa Fe and now Cape Cod, he's looped the country since college graduation. Sure, he lived with lots of family along the way, but I'm sure they loved it.

Along the way, he's picked up tales too tall to believe. Yet somehow, all of them are true. Catch him on a good night and he'll tell you far too much about them.

You may also want to know that Matt is lucky enough to be paired with the one and only Penka Vlahova. They met at work and Matt was smart enough to chase her down and make her like him. She'll be the one dancing her face off at the wedding. Or on the street. Or in a bar. Or at breakfast. Seriously, she gets DOWN.

You might also like to know that I have Matt to thank for advising me to date Rebecca in the first place. He moved back to Santa Fe on the heels of a pretty rough patch in my life (I think mostly for that reason, and free rent) and helped me through a lot. I'll always be grateful for his support, guidance and idiotic ideas during that and every other time I've known him. He's a great brother, an amazing friend and a truly weird dude. In other words, a perfect BM.


Yes, that's a Superman tattoo on his arm. Dare him to do something and you might just be surprised at the outcome.

1 comment:

  1. I'll take this opportunity to take credit for pictures 1 and 3. You're welcome, everyone.

    ReplyDelete