When I "The Google" this drink, I get:
Which makes me think of Best Man extraordinaire Matt Gardner's 2009 Halloween costume:
Sorry ladies, he's taken.
Yeah, that just happened. Anywho, The Jungle Bird is a drink. And a lovely one at that. The link there will give you the traditional beverage, but I prefer my version, which cuts the sugar completely and adds a bit more lime. How else you gonna fight off the scurvy?
To make one, get out a shaker and some ice cubes. Add:
1 1/2 oz. dark rum (I use Rhum Barbancourt)
3/4 oz. Campari (Don't like it? Try it in this. Trust, fool.)
4 oz. unsweetened pineapple juice (the stuff in the can is unsweetened)
3/4 oz. lime juice
Shake, shake, shake it like a bottle of ketchup. Or that other thing.
Pour into a loaded rocks glass. It's like a boozy, exotic latte. Or a less sweet Mai Tai. And there's not a damn thing wrong with that, is there?
There is? Fine.
For those argumentative folks among us, I present you with this Jungle Bird.
Needed: One lady to wear this hotness. Must love mustaches, chest hair, Detroit Tigers, British sidekicks, Ferraris and inquisitive men.


No comments:
Post a Comment