4.24.2010

Make This! Vol. III

This one is off the books, since I just made it up. Or didn't. It might exist somewhere and is called "Dark and Blah Blah Blah", but I didn't use The Google, so we'll never know.

1 1/2 oz. dark rum (Rhum Barbancourt is perfect)
3/4 oz. grapefruit
1/2 oz. Applejack*
3 dashes Angostura bitters (Go get some, the shortage is over!)

*Applejack is really something special. While I've mostly moved on to Laird's Bonded Apple Brandy (100 proof, suckers! Plus, it's maybe my favorite bottle ever, see below), Applejack holds a spot near and dear to my heart. It's a crucial component to the mighty Jack Rose, a cocktail that Rachel Maddow has a crush on. And since we have a crush on her, enjoy:



Anywho, she also goes for the boozy version. But the 80 proof Applejack works wonderfully and will keep you hanging on a bit longer during an evening of drinking.

Talk about a digression!

Back to that thing I made. I don't know what it's called, but it's great (I would know, I'm sipping it right now). So go make it and stop taking my word for it.


Yeah, I know. It's hot.

2 comments:

  1. Rachel Maddow gets on my nerves. Oooh, she makes cocktails. Wow.

    BIB is the only applejack to drink, beyatches. Although I do have a bottle or two of that 7 1/2 year old Laird's (which ain't half bad) I'll go with the bonded any day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a new dream to open a place on our street called Bottled In Bond. Which is also a terrible pun, considering the street is Bond.

    And Maddow is adorable. Admit it.

    ReplyDelete